- Jalalzai Mirwais, 26, male. Reporter and producer with Radio Afghanistan in Kabul. Also freelances for Kabulpress.org. Reports on human rights and youth issues.
- Zobaer Ahmed, 30, male. Reporter for news stories and documentaries on Maasranga Television in Dhaka, specialising in energy and environment.
- Sonam Pelden, 28, female. Chief reporter of Kuensel, Bhutan’s main newspaper. Covers various national issues and guides junior reporters.
- Anggi Oktarinda, 28, female. Journalist with Bisnis Indonesia, Jakarta, covering the Presidential Palace.
Dewi Yuhana, 33, female. Editor for business, education and the youth section of Malang Post in Malang, East Java, part of the Jawa Pos group.
- Sundaresha Subramanian, 34, male. Senior assistant editor with Business Standard, New Delhi. Writes on markets and investment, and weekend features.
- Nishima K., 36, female. Senior sub-editor and writer with Malayalam-language Manorama Weekly, India’s biggest selling magazine. Involved in Manorama’s CSR projects.
- Ko Ko Gyi, 27, male. Senior reporter with the English-language Mizzima Business Weekly Magazine, Yangon. Mizzima is a media company that has returned from exile.
- Narayan Wagle, 45, male. Writer and columnist with Setopati.com. Formerly editor-in-chief of Nagarik Daily and Kantipur Daily.
- Kris Danielle Panti Suarez, 27, male. Science and nature editor for Manila-based Rappler.com, a new social news network. Also produces content as a multimedia reporter.
- Arlene B. Burgos, 39, female. Head of social media and mobile at ABS-CBN digital, the top Philippine news website. Also teaches journalism at Ateneo de Manila University.
- Fazal Khaliq, 39, male. Reporter for Karachi-based, English-language Express Tribune newspaper, covering the war-torn Swat Valley.
- Quek Sy Mung, 46, female. Chief Sub-editor for Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao.
- Ifham Nizam, 43, male. Journalist with the English-language Island newspaper, Colombo, covering politics, energy. Won Environmental Journalist of the Year awards.
- Watchiranont Thongtep, 33, male. Business journalist with The Nation, Bangkok. Covers media and broadcasting industries.
- Nguyen Phuong Thao, 29, female. Journalist and producer with VTC16, Vietnam Agriculture & Rural TV Channel in Hanoi. Has done documentaries in Indonesia, Thailand.
Note: A journalist from China was originally on this list but was forced to withdraw due to a change in his organisation’s policies.