Note: Application period begins on Friday 10 March 2017.
First, please make sure you are eligible. Read our criteria here.
Deadline for application
The application deadline is end of Sunday 9 April 2017 (Singapore time). All materials including reference letters must be received by then.
The selection process for the Fellowship is extremely competitive, so it is important that you send us a complete application containing all the information we need. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Download the Instruction Checklist here.
Your application is not complete until we receive all the following:
- Completed Application Form. (Download Application Form)
- Employer’s letter of support (not required for freelancers). (Download Sample Letter) certifying that your employer is prepared to release you from work for the full three months of the programme.
- Three letters of recommendation. (Download Instructions for Referees) Please choose your referees carefully. They should be individuals who know your work well and can write about you independently.
- Three to five samples of past work.
- Copies of all relevant educational certificate(s)
Sending your application
Your Application Form must be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com. If your e-mail is successfully received, you will receive an automated e-mail reply from us.
Preferably, your other materials should be e-mailed as well. However, if the files are too large or if you don’t have them as soft copies, you can send them by post to:
TFI-IPS Asia Journalism Fellowship
c/o Ms Vani Gunasilan
Institute of Policy Studies
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
National University of Singapore
1C Cluny Road
If you have questions, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We receive a large number of applications every year so we may not be able to reply to individual queries after the deadline.
The application materials will be reviewed by a panel comprising academics and senior journalists. Some of those shortlisted may be contacted for a phone interview.
Successful applicants can expect to hear from us by the middle of May 2017. Please ensure that you are contactable in May.