Note: Application period begins on 11 January 2016.
First, please make sure you are eligible. Read our criteria here.
Deadline for application
The application deadline is Sunday 14 February 2016, 5pm (Singapore time). All materials including reference letters must be received by then.
The selection process for the Fellowship is extremely competitive, so it is important that you send us a complete application containing all the information we need. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Download the Instruction Sheet here.
Your application is not complete until we receive all the following:
- Completed application form. (Download Application Form)
- Employer’s letter of support (not required for freelancers). (Download Sample Letter) This letter is to certify that your employer is prepared to release you from work for the full three months of the programme.
- 3 letters of recommendation. (Download instructions for referees) Please choose your referees carefully. They should be individuals who know your work well and can write about you independently.
- 3-5 samples of past work.
- Signed Data Privacy form. (Download here, then sign and scan.)
Sending your application
Your Application Form must be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com. If your e-mail is successfully received, you will receive an automated e-mail reply from us.
Preferably, your other materials should be e-mailed as well. However, if the files are too large or if you don’t have them as soft copies, you can send them by post to:
Asia Journalism Fellowship
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
Nanyang Technological University
31 Nanyang Link
Due to the large volume of applications we need to process, please excuse us for not being able to reply to queries asking if we have received your form.
The application materials will be reviewed by a panel comprising academics from the Wee Kim Wee School and senior journalists. Shortlistees may be contacted for a phone interview.
Successful applicants can expect to hear from us by the end of March 2016. Please ensure that you are contactable in March.